When life is smooth going, the prayer that you say becomes shallow and the scripture seems to be taking a back seat.
I had to call on God today. Should I go into great detail about what happened? I guess not. The following might suffice:
Where could I turn? I sought answer and counsel from God and had to resort to randomly thumbing through some scripture passages. I asked what he would have me do, think and believe. The following are what I found:
Hearken, my servant [Geoklee], and listen to the words of Jesus Christ, your Lord and your Redeemer.
For behold, I speak unto you with sharpness and with power, for mine arm is over all the earth.
And I will tell you that which no man knoweth save me and thee alone—
For many times you have desired of me to know that which would be of the most worth unto you.
Behold, blessed are you for this thing, and for speaking my words which I have given you according to my commandments.
And now, behold, I say unto you, that the thing which will be of the most worth unto you will be to (PAUSE…I WAS NERVOUS TO KNOW WHAT THE LORD HAS TO SAY…I TOOK A DEEP BREATH AND CONTINUED…) declare repentance unto this people, that you may bring souls unto me, that you may rest with them in the kingdom of my Father. Amen. (Doctrine and Covenants 15)
For behold, I speak unto you with sharpness and with power, for mine arm is over all the earth.
And I will tell you that which no man knoweth save me and thee alone—
For many times you have desired of me to know that which would be of the most worth unto you.
Behold, blessed are you for this thing, and for speaking my words which I have given you according to my commandments.
And now, behold, I say unto you, that the thing which will be of the most worth unto you will be to (PAUSE…I WAS NERVOUS TO KNOW WHAT THE LORD HAS TO SAY…I TOOK A DEEP BREATH AND CONTINUED…) declare repentance unto this people, that you may bring souls unto me, that you may rest with them in the kingdom of my Father. Amen. (Doctrine and Covenants 15)
I was in deep thoughts for a few moments, trying to understand the implication of the scriptures under the circumstance that I found myself in. Who was I supposed to cry repentance to?
Then again, I randomly turn to another scripture hoping to get more understanding, and this is what I found:
And there shall also be many which shall say: Eat, drink, and be merry; nevertheless, fear God—he will justify in committing a little sin; yea, lie a little, take the advantage of one because of his words, dig a pit for thy neighbor; there is no harm in this; and do all these things, for tomorrow we die; and if it so be that we are guilty, God will beat us with a few stripes, and at last we shall be saved in the kingdom of God.
Yea, and there shall be many which shall teach after this manner, false and vain and foolish doctrines, and shall be puffed up in their hearts, and shall seek deep to hide their counsels from the Lord; and their works shall be in the dark.
Yea, they have all gone out of the way; they have become corrupted.
Because of pride, and because of false teachers, and false doctrine, their [hearts] have become corrupted, and their [hearts] are lifted up; because of pride they puffed up. (2 Nephi 28:8, 9, 11, 12)
And there shall also be many which shall say: Eat, drink, and be merry; nevertheless, fear God—he will justify in committing a little sin; yea, lie a little, take the advantage of one because of his words, dig a pit for thy neighbor; there is no harm in this; and do all these things, for tomorrow we die; and if it so be that we are guilty, God will beat us with a few stripes, and at last we shall be saved in the kingdom of God.
Yea, and there shall be many which shall teach after this manner, false and vain and foolish doctrines, and shall be puffed up in their hearts, and shall seek deep to hide their counsels from the Lord; and their works shall be in the dark.
Yea, they have all gone out of the way; they have become corrupted.
Because of pride, and because of false teachers, and false doctrine, their [hearts] have become corrupted, and their [hearts] are lifted up; because of pride they puffed up. (2 Nephi 28:8, 9, 11, 12)
Note: Name subsituted and [churches] were substituted with [hearts]
If you read this and it applies to you, then it's meant for you.
I know God hears me when I call.
And He replies.
No comments:
Post a Comment