Friday, August 26, 2005

Blur Queen In Kuantan

We were back for the sunrise pix this time. I had my camera charged and we're planning to be in the same apartment as before--with the view into the South China Sea.

The key was passed to us when we arrived on Tuesday night. Kind of late and we were anxious to get to the apartment. We didn't get to speak to hubby's brother or sister-in-law. The note we got said "Block D, 2nd floor, No. 2". But on the back of the keychain was written "Condo 4". However, we did get the message that the keys should open one of the two similar units that were opposite to each other. Oooo...do I smell trouble here?

Soon we're at the apartment and we marched to one door. Tried the two keys. Nope didn't work. Swap the keys, tried again, nope, didn't work. Check the door number. Mmm...no mistake. Ok, maybe it's a bad key copy, try one more time. Didn't work.

Could it be that it was meant for door No. 4? So we went to No. 4 and I tried fitting in the key, only one of them could fit. Ok, turn the key and say the magic word "Open Sesame!!!" Nope, still didn't work. So I switched the keys. Nope the key just won't turn.

Wait, maybe it's the opposite unit that is numbered "1". Let's try that. Nope, it didn't work.

It was like this for a good 10 minutes, going among three different doors. Finally. FINALLY. I managed to make the door knob turn (or so I thought) on door No. 4! Hurrah!!!

Imagine how I looked when the door opened and in front of me stood a man--a total stranger--who asked, "What is it that you want?"

Yup, that's the story of my otherwise mundane life. I have to laugh at myself and that's how I keep my "cheerful personality". So ladies and gentlemen, you may now laugh at Miss "Blur Queen". Hahahaha...

Of course we eventually, EVENTUALLY, let ourselves into door No. 1. Talking about communication break-down!

Okay. Enough of that stuff. Now on with the pix.




Master bedroom with a view. But this unit is the mirror image of the previous one we stayed in. So to watch the Sunrise, I HAVE to get out of bed.




dawning of a brand new day



changing colour


The crystal clear water beckons


A child beckons


A dog beckons


Can you resist? I couldn't.
Which one is the Singapore Girl? The one holding the camera, of course!
P/S "Blur Queen": Singapore slang. Blur, meaning confused or lost. Queen? Go check Oxford Dictionary.



2 comments:

Dad the KL city kid said...

Errrr Why you so like tat one? If u are blur queen, what does tat make me???

Nevermind la... lucky u were blur enuff to marry me hor?

Blur King Beckons :)

Singapore Girl said...

How come I'm married to a Blur King and where did those M&M's come from?