You would know it’s the rainy season if you could hear the background chorus of frogs croaking in our indoor garden now...I count myself lucky as my bedroom is totally "insulated" from the indoor garden sounds and noise. Hey, the frogs seem to know I'm complaining about them, it's total silence now! Oops, I think I said it too early, they’re croaking away again!
Why the title? Yes, the rain has been pouring down on us, literally and figuratively.
Remember the down pour that washed out our Starlight Cinema night? The current weather pattern is such that when it didn’t rain, the heat became unbearable, soon a heavy down pour would mercilessly beat on every living thing and you’d wish it wasn’t flooding.
That’s how I feel right now as my fingers beat upon the keyboard. I wish the pain in my back would go away.
A few days after the nice Starlight Cinema outing with my colleagues and family, I had to visit the chiropractor to fix my aching back. I decided to go to a nearby centre this time as I dread the long drive and traffic jam going out to the centre in PJ. I’ll talk about the new centre I found in another post. For now, I just want to say that I was making very good progress getting myself healed.
Meanwhile, at work, the long awaited major presentation to the Datin would take place on Wednesday, July 27, 2005. We have 4 working days to put everything in place. Sure, I think we would do ok because I intended to bring work home over the weekend, plus many of the foundation work had been done progressively. However, the hitch was Mr. KY wouldn’t be in the office until the day before the presentation.
When I went for my chiropractic appointment on Thursday, I told the doctor that I wouldn’t be able to make it on Saturday because I would be busy with preparing for the Pioneer’s Day activity for the KL and Cheras youths. Of course I didn’t give her these details. All she knew was that I would be busy with Church activity over the weekend and there after, I would be busy with the preparation for the major presentation. I made appointment to see her on the following Thursday, after the presentation. She was all nice about my up-coming events, and wished me success.
Saturday, came and the first ever combined youth activity for KL and Cheras branches went pretty well. I took on the responsibility to organize the “telematch” activity since I am the one with the most experience. Next activities I expect others to be in charge. The typical perfectionist in me bent over and backward again this time for the youth. Only I didn’t know I had a digital camera nearby, so no pix, sorry.
But I am more sorry for myself. I lifted a few buckets of water and a very heavy boy (non other than Han). I ignored the voice in my head that told me to get someone else to do it. I didn’t want others to see me as being “bossy”. Now I pay the price.
No church for me on Sunday, because I couldn’t get out of bed. I had to stay fixed in one position because turning provoked more back pain. Sitting was out of the question, so the office work I brought home to do have to be shelved. Plus I couldn’t think when I was in excruciating pain!
Monday morning, I found out there would only be 3 members of our team working on the presentation because 2 took leave, one had a fall, and I had an injured back. 4 out of 7 were out of action!!! This was not what I was planning. We were supposed to have a full team working on Monday and Tuesday. I can’t forgive myself. Mr. A said he was making a voodoo doll of me. Ouch, I can feel the pain in my back. He must have hammered a nail into that doll!
Sigh.
As if it wasn’t enough, Mr. KY made it clearly known that he was unhappy with the presentation. I wasn’t there with my colleagues at 8.30pm tonight, taking the big blow. Now they are working their heads off to rectify everything. I asked if they wanted my help. I was declined. I need to get better instead of making things worst by not being there at the presentation!
OH…when it rains it pours.
I’m looking forward to the rainbow, after the flood.
Why the title? Yes, the rain has been pouring down on us, literally and figuratively.
Remember the down pour that washed out our Starlight Cinema night? The current weather pattern is such that when it didn’t rain, the heat became unbearable, soon a heavy down pour would mercilessly beat on every living thing and you’d wish it wasn’t flooding.
That’s how I feel right now as my fingers beat upon the keyboard. I wish the pain in my back would go away.
A few days after the nice Starlight Cinema outing with my colleagues and family, I had to visit the chiropractor to fix my aching back. I decided to go to a nearby centre this time as I dread the long drive and traffic jam going out to the centre in PJ. I’ll talk about the new centre I found in another post. For now, I just want to say that I was making very good progress getting myself healed.
Meanwhile, at work, the long awaited major presentation to the Datin would take place on Wednesday, July 27, 2005. We have 4 working days to put everything in place. Sure, I think we would do ok because I intended to bring work home over the weekend, plus many of the foundation work had been done progressively. However, the hitch was Mr. KY wouldn’t be in the office until the day before the presentation.
When I went for my chiropractic appointment on Thursday, I told the doctor that I wouldn’t be able to make it on Saturday because I would be busy with preparing for the Pioneer’s Day activity for the KL and Cheras youths. Of course I didn’t give her these details. All she knew was that I would be busy with Church activity over the weekend and there after, I would be busy with the preparation for the major presentation. I made appointment to see her on the following Thursday, after the presentation. She was all nice about my up-coming events, and wished me success.
Saturday, came and the first ever combined youth activity for KL and Cheras branches went pretty well. I took on the responsibility to organize the “telematch” activity since I am the one with the most experience. Next activities I expect others to be in charge. The typical perfectionist in me bent over and backward again this time for the youth. Only I didn’t know I had a digital camera nearby, so no pix, sorry.
But I am more sorry for myself. I lifted a few buckets of water and a very heavy boy (non other than Han). I ignored the voice in my head that told me to get someone else to do it. I didn’t want others to see me as being “bossy”. Now I pay the price.
No church for me on Sunday, because I couldn’t get out of bed. I had to stay fixed in one position because turning provoked more back pain. Sitting was out of the question, so the office work I brought home to do have to be shelved. Plus I couldn’t think when I was in excruciating pain!
Monday morning, I found out there would only be 3 members of our team working on the presentation because 2 took leave, one had a fall, and I had an injured back. 4 out of 7 were out of action!!! This was not what I was planning. We were supposed to have a full team working on Monday and Tuesday. I can’t forgive myself. Mr. A said he was making a voodoo doll of me. Ouch, I can feel the pain in my back. He must have hammered a nail into that doll!
Sigh.
As if it wasn’t enough, Mr. KY made it clearly known that he was unhappy with the presentation. I wasn’t there with my colleagues at 8.30pm tonight, taking the big blow. Now they are working their heads off to rectify everything. I asked if they wanted my help. I was declined. I need to get better instead of making things worst by not being there at the presentation!
OH…when it rains it pours.
I’m looking forward to the rainbow, after the flood.
No comments:
Post a Comment