Monday, July 11, 2005

Starlight Cinema!

Hubby and I watched one and a half movies yesterday.

We went for "The Final Cut" in the afternoon but missed out the beginning and saw only the "final 35-minute cut" and got really confused. Hahaha...what a fitting name! We're still undecided about getting the DVD to watch it again.

To make up for it, I had another movie lined up in the evening and it turned out to be such a BLAST! (Literally, the sound system was one of THE best in the world. We sat right in front of the speakers and could feel the whole field vibrating.)

It was an office staff night out organised by my colleague, J. She got everyone free pass to the exciting
Starlight Cinema at Mont Kiara and over 30 of us signed up. In return, everyone brought picnic dinner to share. We had more DELICIOUS food than we could consume and we eventually shared them with some children from the orphanages who were treated to the movie by the official organiser.

I have to mention that right at the time when we were to leave our home for the out-door movie, it began to rain at my house. I decided to go anyway. We drove all the way in heavy down-pour untill we're about 10 minutes from the destination. The weather was clear on this side of the valley and it was wonderful!! Everyone must have prayed hard for good weather last night. For as soon as we got home and were ready to go to bed at about mid-night, it began to pour again!!

Sorry, I didn't intend to bore you with all these detail. So let's just get on with the pictures!


The "Long March" to Starlight Cinema
Be careful and watch out for horse poops. The Equestrian Club is the venue.


Look, no hands!
Balancing the pot of noodles can be quite tricky, I can't even hold steady to take a clear pix. Good job, hubby!

Hehe, look, no teeth...

That's the dome of the Science Centre on the other side of the hill.

Here we are, the "Long March" is over.
Notice the powerful light and the mega huge screen? Too bad, I can't bring the mega sound to you!
Setting up our "camp"

The Pot-luck is looking good, yummm...

Love is in the air.
Let the show begin!
"Robots" was the first movie screened. The second was "The Incredibles". We couldn't stay for the second as it began at 10.45pm!!
What a night!

4 comments:

Dad the KL city kid said...

Well, why watch an incomplete movie? It's a true principle of life in that completing it isn't as important as being involved in the process and enjoying the journey rather than being overly concerned about just getting there!

Applies in a lot of things huh? wink wink?

Unknown said...

I'm going for a show there too! Tonight, in fact. Wish us luck on a clear sky tonight. :)

Singapore Girl said...

To Dad the Kl city kid:
Ya, I really enjoyed being with you the whole day, thanx :)

To Lyanne:
Hope your show turned out OK. I just came home from a "wash-out". My two small boys were disappointed that they didn't get to watch "Batman Begins". Oh well, at least we did have some fun last weekend.

Unknown said...

It was raining till almost 9pm but we stuck around anyway. We were given complementary tickets for the next night but it was out of the question because of institute. So, with the slowing drizzle, our mat, and a huge umbrella, the outing turned out alright. The rain stopped halfway through the movie, thank goodness for that. Only thing was I should have brought a jacket. It got chilly later. :)