Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Kuantan!

It’s been an eventful week.

Work wise, I’ve made good progress. Next week, there’ll be a soft launch and I am expecting plenty of work awaiting me on Monday morning when I get back to work after my long weekend spent with the family. I’ve taken Thursday and Friday off so we could travel to
Kuantan to visit my brother-in-law whom my children and I have not met for over two years.

Kuantan is a town by the east coast of peninsular Malaysia. The beach that is synonymous with Kuantan is Teluk Chempadak. It’s not as impressive as Cherating (further north where Club Med is) but it’s worth the 2 ½ hours drive from KL. The water is warm and the waves were fun to frolic in. I thoroughly enjoyed myself in the South China Sea.

We’re lucky to have a three bedroom condominium all to ourselves, thanks to my hubby’s brother! The place is fully furnished and all we needed were our clothes, which we brought, of course.

There’s a swimming pool by the club house and by the time we left the beach and went there, it was getting dark. I thought that was ideal. Why, I could slide down the kiddie water slide with my kids! We had the pool to ourselves in the dark! We slid down BACKWARD and I made the biggest splash, of course, being the biggest of the lot! And to be honest, I was the person having the biggest fun!

Trip to the Loos:

It was late at night when we finally left Kuantan. Everyone was exhausted and soon the van was filled with silence except for the whirring of the engine.

We made a quick stop at some point to refill the tank and visit the loos. I was still drowsy since I was just awakened from a deep sleep. There was some kind of commotion going on in the rear of the van. The boys were rushing in and out of the van as fast as they could. They were trying to shut the van door quickly to prevent the millions of flying insects from getting into the van. Seriously, I had never seen so many flying insects (or termites) in my whole life! There were millions of them hovering at every light in the petrol station, including those at the toilet.

Realizing the pending ordeal of visiting the bathroom, I decided to pass the chance. No way was I going out there to have these winged termites all over me! We were about to leave when the last boy, my 7-year-old, announced that he needed to visit the loo!

Why didn’t you tell us earlier? No one was willing to make that dash with him. So with no choice, this young man was ejected out of the van in a split second into the world of flying termites, moths, cicadas, etc. He made a bee line to the nearest bathroom. The spectators in the van burst out in laughter as we watched everything happen in fast-forward speed of the Charlie Chaplin silent movie.

It must be disorientation since he just woke up from his sleep. Before he found the nearest door, he was actually unsure where he was going, zigzagging in front of a lady who was fighting the flying insects and taking her cautious steps towards the Ladies. Apparently, she found it quite amusing when my little boy finally disappeared into the Ladies. Well, being a tiny boy, he could easily pass for a four-year-old.

Soon he emerged from the Ladies and right then another woman was near the door. Seeing him dashing out, she went further and headed for the next door…the Gents!

The rest is left to your imagination!

No comments: