Or should I say party cancelled?
After going through a couple of weeks of annoying suspicion, I'm so glad this is over. At least for now.
It all started during our company CNY lunch (Feb) when my boss, Mr K asked my colleague, Mr CK when his next gig (sp?) would be. (MR CK apparently has a band that won some prize last year.) Almost instantly, the reply was 11 March @ Alexis. He would go for the audition real soon and hopefully get hired. Then very excitedly, Mr K said that the office staff would be there on the opening night to give him support. He looked over to me and appointed me as the organizer of the event.
After going through a couple of weeks of annoying suspicion, I'm so glad this is over. At least for now.
It all started during our company CNY lunch (Feb) when my boss, Mr K asked my colleague, Mr CK when his next gig (sp?) would be. (MR CK apparently has a band that won some prize last year.) Almost instantly, the reply was 11 March @ Alexis. He would go for the audition real soon and hopefully get hired. Then very excitedly, Mr K said that the office staff would be there on the opening night to give him support. He looked over to me and appointed me as the organizer of the event.
I believed he was kidding...until he brought up this subject more than 3 times over the next half hour, then I believed he meant business.
The deal was to get a main contractor from one of our current projects to be our sponsor for soft dinks and beer for the "TRHY and Consultants Night". I was to coordinate with the ID Manager on this.
A couple of weeks lasped and things tailspinned.
Well, as I suspected, in his own accord, MR CK turned around and "changed" the nature of the performance--TRHY will have a party and his band will be our in-house entertainment for the night. He even changed the venue!!
Well, as I suspected, in his own accord, MR CK turned around and "changed" the nature of the performance--TRHY will have a party and his band will be our in-house entertainment for the night. He even changed the venue!!
He was "using" TRHY and the generousity of contractor to promote his band. I felt uneasy.
Anyone of you out there had dreams that are definitely linked to your reality? Woa, I had too many bad dreams with this one. So, I gathered up enough courage and made any announcement to Mr K:
Party Postponed, until further notice.
Reason? Mr K will be in Kuwait, TRH is not coming, Mr AC has other engagement. No bosses, no party.
(Oh...one more reason--the guitarist had a motorbike accident, so I was told later.)
Why am I writing this down? I don't know. Just feel so liberated and feel like writing.
Truth shall prevail...
1 comment:
That funny line...can't get rid of it. Oh well.
Post a Comment