It is strange how things take an unexpected turn when I thought it would take perhaps months or years to change.
Yes, spring has arrived for me!
While I had treaded in life's path with trepidation before, I now walk with confidence. Where mist and darkness had clouded my view about every aspects of my life before, I now see with new light and hope in both my emotional, mental and physical health.
I’m one who would go deep into details when I begin but I would try to steer away from it for now. Hubby did a good summery on my recent surgery in his blog and if you’re interested you can click on the link below to have a quick understanding.
The experience of Mom going to hospital
Why do I say spring has arrived? Perhaps excerpts of my email to my surgeon might shed some light:
“…Despite the presence of the cancerous lump in my breast, I still felt generally healthy. It was difficult for me to make that decision to have it removed because I thought I was subjecting myself to unnecessary pain and damage to my body that would result in deteriorating health thereafter.”
“However, I was totally surprised when I awoke from the GA. Even though I felt tired and weak, a sense of wellness and jubilance came over me and it is still with me today. In short, mentally and emotionally I feel better now than before the surgery…”
“It was as if the tumor had been eating me away for the past ten years. I had been a very negative and depressed person inside even though I looked otherwise on the outside. But now, the positive person that had long eluded me has miraculously returned! I am sure I can weather anything…”
There are many things in life that we can’t explain but we love them when we experience them. This is one of them.
Cancer is something that no one should have to go through, yet for me, it turned out to be a major and necessary turning point in my life. The generous out pouring of love, concern and prayers from family, friends, colleagues and even health care givers helps me take the corner that leads to the fountain of light, the spring that I have yearned to return!
Thank you everyone for being there for me.
Thank you hubby for sticking around and holding my hands!
Thank you God for carrying us!
Yes, spring has arrived for me!
While I had treaded in life's path with trepidation before, I now walk with confidence. Where mist and darkness had clouded my view about every aspects of my life before, I now see with new light and hope in both my emotional, mental and physical health.
I’m one who would go deep into details when I begin but I would try to steer away from it for now. Hubby did a good summery on my recent surgery in his blog and if you’re interested you can click on the link below to have a quick understanding.
The experience of Mom going to hospital
Why do I say spring has arrived? Perhaps excerpts of my email to my surgeon might shed some light:
“…Despite the presence of the cancerous lump in my breast, I still felt generally healthy. It was difficult for me to make that decision to have it removed because I thought I was subjecting myself to unnecessary pain and damage to my body that would result in deteriorating health thereafter.”
“However, I was totally surprised when I awoke from the GA. Even though I felt tired and weak, a sense of wellness and jubilance came over me and it is still with me today. In short, mentally and emotionally I feel better now than before the surgery…”
“It was as if the tumor had been eating me away for the past ten years. I had been a very negative and depressed person inside even though I looked otherwise on the outside. But now, the positive person that had long eluded me has miraculously returned! I am sure I can weather anything…”
There are many things in life that we can’t explain but we love them when we experience them. This is one of them.
Cancer is something that no one should have to go through, yet for me, it turned out to be a major and necessary turning point in my life. The generous out pouring of love, concern and prayers from family, friends, colleagues and even health care givers helps me take the corner that leads to the fountain of light, the spring that I have yearned to return!
Thank you everyone for being there for me.
Thank you hubby for sticking around and holding my hands!
Thank you God for carrying us!
1 comment:
You always know how to put it into words I can't. Have a great life ahead for God has more for us to do yet!
Post a Comment